Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Operation Beautify, Day Two

I had to call in for reinforcements to get today's projects done, but Daddy Man and I had fun getting our room put together. First, a little side project to spruce up one of the walls (previously blank) in our room. I paired our engagement photo with a couple of new framed Uppercase Living words. I cut a piece of fabric to go in the frame (yay for using fabric on hand) and put the word on top of the glass. It took about 5 minutes.

Now on to the nitty gritty. A couple of weeks ago we bought a new platform storage bed, and moved it to a different wall. We've been wanting to move our TV/computer to this wall, but just didn't have the time. Well, tonight we made the time, and beautified it big time!
Before:
After:
That's the before picture on the TV. :) We have a Mac Mini computer hiding in the black and white box in between the plates. All the cords are beautifully hidden...a must, since this table is right at the entry to our room. It's the first thing you see as you walk in (from the side). It is a bit monotone for me, but I think I like it. LOVE how clean it looks. I'm sure Muffin and Mr. Baby will have fun playing with the printer conveniently placed right at their level. Ahh well, you have to give them something. ;)

Up next: our desk area, which previously housed our TV/computer, office stuff, and a whole lot of junk, is being moved out to the living room. It will hold my sewing machine (yay!!) and be a clear work space for Daddy Man to do homework. Not sure what is going in it's place yet, but it feels great to get our room less crowded!




2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks awesome! So glad you are able to be creative, beautify and simplify your space! It brings so much calm to a home and the people that live there! Can't wait to see more! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgot to say how much I love the Uppercase frames coupled with the pic of you and Daddy Man!

    ReplyDelete